My first attempt at a bandsaw box

Nick2cd

I chose to use walnut and cherry for my first bandsaw box just because i love the light/dark contrast of these woods against one another. i chose to incorporate a piece of walnut that had some sapwood visible just for some visual interest. i used a 14" ridgid band saw that i bought a week or two ago. i took off the stock 1/4" blade and replaced it with a 1/8" blade just because it was easier to navigate the curves with this blade. not to mention, the stock ridgid blade was terrible. as for the finish, i just used a wipe on poly in semi-gloss.

BandBox1.jpg

BandBox2.jpg

BandBox3.jpg

thanks for the kind words. these are definitely fun to make and i could see someone being able to get quite creative with this concept. sky is the limit. i think for my next box, im going to go less bubbly and use a sharper, lower profile that is 2-3 times wider than tall.

That is really neat looking especially with the walnut sapwood. I really like they way it kinda of swirls.

If you would like one suggestion try cutting in with the grain and the line will practically disappear. But it does look really nice as is.

very good suggestion! i can't believe i didn't think of this. i'll put that one under my hat for next time. thanks