Favorite thing you ever did

Guest Trace

My son asked "What was the most favorite thing you ever did?". I had to sort through a lot of memories, I asked him in what respect. He thought a second or two and replied," something that you cannot explain to another person what if felt like to do". (Piece of cake was my first thought. Right.) After a lot of images went through my alleged mind, my reply was, "I was flying at 43,000 ft ASL, and could discern the curvature of the earth. Probably the most awe inspiring sight I ever saw".

While on a business trip to Japan, I was invited to go hiking over the weekend. So I went. Turned out they were hiking to the top of Mt Fuji, sleeping at the top, then hiking down. Seeing the sun rise from the peak of Fuji-sama was a pretty impressive as you're above the clouds at around 12,300 ft. In fact, you see the sun rise man times as the clouds are moving so when the suns low to the horizon, you see it pop up a few times :)

post-50-0-16446000-1292975455_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot after the sun rose higher.

post-50-0-89350300-1292975473_thumb.jpg

As an added unexpected benefit, the Japanese folklore says you'll live one year longer for each time you ascend Fuji-sama.

Being there for my Mom and my Dad (step Dad, but the man that raised me)while he was dying from cancer. I had to step into the role of "authority", I guess you'd say. He needed to be able to be let go. It's a long story. But, it was the hardest thing I've ever done and the most rewarding at the same time.

Grew up listening to a band. Idolized them. Owned every record they ever made. Even the bad ones. Posters on the wall.

Few years ago the lead singer and I were working together. He is a bit older now. We got to laughing so hard he peed his pants a little. He looks down. Keeps on laughing and we were close enough that it was no big deal.

Still a surreal moment in my life. Watched my boyhood idol pee himself and it wasnt a big deal at the time.