Any cyclists?

Eric.

The seat that came with my specialized isn't bad I've ridden a few 20-25 mile trips and came back feeling just fine. They look terrible but you don't really put your full weight on them and i always anticipate bumps and shift weight to my feet.

@Eric. I'd get the bike set up. If your friend is good give it a shot but if you get pain I'd hit a bike shop with pros or pay a pro. I'm also more worried about hitting a car. It seems like the lines for the bike lanes are what people consider the stop lines around here so almost every bike lane at an intersection has a car stopped in it.

Cycling need not be an overly expensive hobby. A nice hybrid, or similar as you've shown, is not cheap.  It's a quality tool like any other. Treat it well and it will serve you well.

When it comes to add-ins, the industry has the system down just like fast food.  The desire for continual upgrades is ever present.

Just ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

I don't really have any pain anywhere except my hands going numb after riding for a while.  

I had the same problem at first. I'd recommend riding gloves. Avoid the ones with the gel cushions, and go for foam padded. The gel gets displaced and creates pressure on other spots that makes it horribly uncomfortable. Make sure your saddle has a slit in the middle to keep pressure off parts you don't want to be crushing. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

37 minutes ago, AceHoleInOne said:

New Design Ventilate Comfortable Soft Wide Spring Seat Saddle For Mountain BikeSelle SMP Dynamic Saddle

Ok, this really concerns me. Can someone tell me, Are these gender specific saddle's, Notice how I'm hip with bike talk..."saddle's":P

-Ace- 

Women's ass bones are farther apart than men's ass bones. Men can use a womens saddle but not the other way around.

Just now, AceHoleInOne said:

Depends are ruled out then. They are made for either men or women, your totally screwed, what now?

-Ace-

We should not stand (or sit) for this injustice!!! No company should be able to identify my gender! This is an outrage!!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Llama said:

People have them too. I know this. I have used this word.

I have waited the last 25 years of my life to use that in a sentence. This is my day!

The day of the LLAMA!!! 

Welp,sounds like you felt around for it. Heck wont argue that, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Thank God your 25 year wait is over. It really is YOUR day. :D

-Ace- 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Harvey said:

My Fuji I put about 1000 miles/year on. I have a paper on how Fuji forms it's serial numbers, from that I determined the bike was made in August 1982. I bought it at a garage sale in 1992, probably have 20,000 miles in it now.

dscf0258.jpg

Cool, Jim!  That bike reminds me of the Colnago my dad used to triathlon with when I was just a wee lad.  Old school.

LOL @Lester Burnham  That's hilarious.