First table saw: Bosch Reaxx or Sawstop PCS

TheOnlyDave

True, Chet, but it doesn't trigger on damp wood, which the original alarm system would have done. If it was adjusted wrong, it would trigger on a spider dropping a web to it. SawStop obviously came up with a way to differentiate between wood and skin. I have wondered if that small difference was enough for an enforceable patent.

Nope. The safety will trigger on any material sufficiently conductive, be it wet wood, pressure treated wood, conductive material, sausages, or human body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TheOnlyDave said:

It's a 2500 sqft basement so even with finishing out the bathroom and a rec room / bar / entertainment area, and hobby room for the soon to be wife, there will be tons a room.  9ft ceilings also

What.sqft.do.you.think.will.be.left.for.the.shop.after.all.that?

On 7/23/2016 at 9:38 AM, TheOnlyDave said:

It's a 2500 sqft basement so even with finishing out the bathroom and a rec room / bar / entertainment area, and hobby room for the soon to be wife, there will be tons a room.  9ft ceilings also

Oh man, no question then, go with the 52". And good call on the 3HP, thatll probably be the last saw youll ever need.

15 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

Oh man, no question then, go with the 52". And good call on the 3HP, thatll probably be the last saw youll ever need.

at that price, let's hope so.  I'm waiting on some confirmation but it sounds like my local WoodCraft store my offer delivery to the basement.  They offer to carry it "inside" and to take it off the pallet and place it on the mobile base.    The guy thinks that includes up to one flight of stairs.