my festool 55 circ saw fell today

gardnesd

Put it on the track and see if the base is twisted; it'll be pretty apparent. It's a pretty stout base; thick with webbing so it should handle that okay. Loosen the knobs for setting the bevel angle and put it back to 90 as it is possible the hit would budge that a bit and it simply got moved, not bent. Make a cut on the track and see if what you cut it at a nice 90 to the track. Blade should be fine; unless you had the FastFix handle engaged to change the blade, it would be safely hidden inside the saw; ditto with the riving knife. But since you didn't see it fall, you weren't changing the blade ;)

They're not that delicate. I'd blame the closest DeWalt for sneaking up on it and pushing it. It's a yellow thing.

• Like 1

Also check to make sure the base is still parallel to the blade. I dropped my saw before and that was the only thing to go out. If the base made contact first, that's about all that would happen. There should be two screws at the front and two at the back to make the adjustment. And oddly enough, according to some folks at Festool, you don't want the base to be perfectly parallel. You want it so that the blade is just a hair out at the back. From what I understand, thats how they ship them and its one of the reasons the cut quality is so good.