Table Saw Blades

MisterDrow

What did you use to clean it?  I need to clean my blade too.  Haven't come up with a good container to clean it in yet though.  I was thinking either acetone, mineral spirits, or something of the like and a brass brush to scrub with. 

I use 10" blades for both the table saw and miter saw so the lid of a 5 gallon bucket is the perfect diameter and depth for me. I let them soak in a mixture of water and liquid laundry detergent for about 10 minutes. After they soak, I brush each tooth with a hard bristle nylon brush. I dry them off with a towel immediately and then spray them with a rust inhibitor. The same method works well for router bits.

• Like 2

I don't know if everyone has a Dollar Tree or 99-cent store near them. The yellow L.A. Awesome spray cleaner works great for blades and bits. I just spray it on, leave it for about five minutes, and rinse it off.

If I've waited too long or cut some really resinous stuff, I will use a small nylon brush to get stuff out of the little nooks and crannies at the backs of the carbide tips.

I clean my blades fairly regularly. A spray bottle is a buck and will last me a couple of years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gee-dub said:

I don't know if everyone has a Dollar Tree or 99-cent store near them. The yellow L.A. Awesome spray cleaner works great for blades and bits. I just spray it on, leave it for about five minutes, and rinse it off.

If I've waited too long or cut some really resinous stuff, I will use a small nylon brush to get stuff out of the little nooks and crannies at the backs of the carbide tips.

I clean my blades fairly regularly. A spray bottle is a buck and will last me a couple of years.

there's a Dollar Tree right down the street from me. I'll look for that stuff. Thanks for the tip!

My first table saws were of the "cheap" variety and I was firmly in the use a combo blade for everything.  I think I had a 40T combo that got the most use.

A few years ago I made an investment in a much better saw for me.  Maybe not great by some other's standards but the most money I've spent on a power tool.  About that time I heard Tom Iovino, who has a similar saw, make a comment that continues to ring true with me.  I need my saw to last awhile.and using the wrong blade for a cut can put quite a bit of stress on the motor.  It only takes a moment or two to switch the blades out so I have several, most importantly a 24T rip blade and then a couple different counts of combo/crosscut depending on the quality of cut I'm looking for.

I'm not too mired in the brand discussion.  Currently I have Freud blades and like them for the cost,  but it isn't the name brand that caused me to choose them.