Sign in to follow this  
Marmotjr

Fractional Calculator

Was in Home Depot today picking up some odds and ends, and I just happened to be browsing the hardware section when I noticed they had a Fractional Calculator marked way down.  It is normally $20, they had it marked for $3.  I figured I couldn't lose. 

Playing with it, it will take a little getting used to the inputs, but it seems to work just fine.   It's got a whole bunch of other conversions, including building materials, and a real Pi button. 

Home Project Calc by Calculated Industries. The website has them marked at $15, so I don't know whats up, but the sticker on the shelf said $3, and that's what they charged me.  If you're in a store, see if they have any. 

I have been using "Calc Pro HD " app daily for several years. It's by Panoramic software. Only cost a few bucks . Every kind of conversion I've ever wanted and many different math calculators too. Used to carry a Palm V and used it for conversions and as a calculator. App works on my phone and IPad too.

Great calculators for sure. I have 2 of the construction masters, plus the app for my phone. They also have one for the electrical trades. Great as well, have that app too. 

I have been using "Calc Pro HD " app daily for several years. It's by Panoramic software. Only cost a few bucks . Every kind of conversion I've ever wanted and many different math calculators too. Used to carry a Palm V and used it for conversions and as a calculator. App works on my phone and IPad too.

Showing your age Steve! I carried a Pilot before the took on the 'Palm' moniker. Awesome tool for its time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Luddite, more of a technophile to be honest, but I'm not happy with the apps on my phone for this use.  They're never quick enough, nor user friendly enough.  Maybe it's just cause I refuse to buy an app for a few bucks, but yet I'll drop $700 on a new phone, or even $3 for a piece of equipment that only does one thing, but most of the calculators out there never worked for me. 

And yeah, I used to run around with a Palm III (I believe) in my pocket.  fun little things.