Getting fed up!

Theyellowtreeworksho

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, Theyellowtreeworksho said:

Really want to start building and stop messing around with tools that don't seem to work. 

We can only do what we can do.  I use the time I spend saving up for something in researching and reviewing the candidates so I can move confidently when the time comes.  Many folks enjoy restoring old machines, I do not.  I have limited shop time and I want to spend it woodworking. 

I did start out with used machines because I wasn't sure if my return to woodworking was going to stick.  By the time I had the used tools working at a level I was happy with I had spent nearly what a new tool would have cost.  However, since I wasn't sure, this process worked for me (although more costly in the end).

I would pick a small project, focus on the tools required to do that project and work toward getting workable versions of those tools.  If things move along nicely you can repeat the process while expanding your work.  It is easy to get caught up in getting the lighting just right when you aren't yet sure of what you will do or how you will do it when t comes to the craft.  Start small, stay focused, it will work out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 1:47 PM, Theyellowtreeworksho said:

I did contact Ryobi about it but they seemed to ignore me

Yeah...Ryobi are a bit crap like that - I e-mailed them about battery/charger compatibility and they didn't reply...having said that the tools are good for the money, they outperform some of the lower end Makita kit for a significantly better price point.