Dust Deputy / Shop Vac Mod

gee-dub

Looks like the bucket could sit on top of the box, and save some floor space.   I don't understand the extra chamber between the vacuum, and the filter.  Why not just leave the filter on the motor, and just pull the whole thing out to change/check the filter?   There is an extra little, foamy ring filter inside the vacuum, under the grill around the intake.  If suction ever seems low, take out the screws that hold the grill on, and the foamy can be washed, and re-installed.

edited to add:   Sorry.  Super tired tonight.  I was a little slow, but I see now that it was for sealing.   I think the design has some good possibilities.  A vertical unit with wheels would be nice for my guys.

The filter does not connect directly to the blower on this vac.  The need to access the filter is so seldom that you could definitely do things differently and still have a workable model.  The intake to the filter chamber on this version is positioned so that the bucket can be stacked on top to reduce foot print.  In my little shop I can only take advantage of that by moving the vac away from the wall out into my current floor space.  My walls are covered with tool cabinets, lumber, clamps and what not. But, it is ready to stack if/when my shop layout allows. :)