Multi-JETSTREAM 2 sanding pads ?

wdwerker

I just got a new email from Festool announcing the new sanding pads, smooth vac hoses, Bluetooth etc. I'm hoping the new sanding pads perform well. They mentioned new hook material that's more heat resistant and the pads are the same price as the old ones ! I wonder how pricey the smooth hoses are ?

Any of you Green Koolaid fanboys gotten your hands on the new pads or abrasives ? 

I've been tempted to buy one of the regular pads not the jet stream ones. Just so i could make sure that all sand paper is thoroughly used before it hits the trash can. The annual price hike sucks but at least they don't hike prices annually as well as on product updates.

I didn't hear anything about new abrasives did they change something?

• 6 months later...

I got 2 of the new soft longlife multi jetstream pads today. My 8 year old pad came apart in the middle of the foam. $49 each but it makes the sander work faster & behave better too. I also got a box of 240 grit Granat. The new discs have a butt load of holes and hooked to my CT 26 at the lowest suction virtually no dust was left on the surface. Big push to finish tomorrow and install on Friday so of course the pads on both sanders died today ( ETS 150/3 and 150 /5 ) ( Woodcraft didn't have the pads in stock but Highland did ) I got home 30 minutes ago.

The mesh abrasives work great on final sanding primer or finish coats to get a glass smooth last coat on. I found some Mirka Abralon mesh disks in a close out bin and grabbed every package dirt cheap.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, wdwerker said:

I was thinking a soft pad under one of those mesh/screen abrasives might do well sanding a contoured surface. Or using a regular or hard pad the mesh might be good for sanding along an inside corner ?

Steve this is what I keep on my sanding mouse specifically for hitting finished surfaces.  I use the interface then mesh 400.