Porter Cable 14” PCB330BS maintenance, 3 things

collinb

So last Fall i picked up a used (and quite reasonably priced) Porter Cable 14” PCB330BS.

Good power. Decently constructed.

But it needs new tires. Are there any (a) highly recommended brands or (b) any ones to definitely avoid?

I'm giving some consideration to the Jet riser. Not a lot, yet, but some. Might be useful as this saw does have a hefty motor.

The one other thing I'd like to change on it is the table. That 5/8" T miter slot & sloppy miter that came with it -- they have to go. Probably this summer.

Thoughts?

Andrew, just looking at a photo of this saw I think I would forget about the riser block and just go with a saw model that fits your needs out of the box.  When you add a riser block to the saw it also adds tension and stress to that part of the saw.  Before I would consider adding a block to any band saw, I would want considerably more mass then what I see in the photos of this model.

Just as a matter of info, the unit is almost a structural clone of the Jet. Takes the same riser block, same bearings, & some other parts as well.

The only thing I really don't like about it is the table miter slot.

Other than that it works just fine.