CL buy of the week

Tom King

LIke new, Powermatic 719T for $400.   Friend bringing it next weekend.   The same guy has other stuff for sale, like an 18" Jet bandsaw for $500.

in the other direction, here's a good buy on a table saw setup, if anyone needs one, and has the room:  https://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/d/jet-table-saw/6662377330.html

I'm so jealous Tom!! After using a floor standing Powermatic mortiser at MASW I came home and sold my bench top unit that week. I have been watching for either a sale on a new 719T or a  nice used unit since, but $400 are you kidding me?? I sold my bench top unit for $460 on CL LOL

I bought the same model about a year ago for $450-500 along with a ton of chisels. This guy had 1/4" all the way to 1", and most were still in plastic with cosmoline. I used it for one project, and decided it wasnt for me. I later sold it for $725, which was lower than what i thought it was worth, but didnt want to be overly greedy. With a domino 700, a medium duty HCM is absolutely obsolete. It is painfully slow compared to the domino, and that doesnt include making the matching integral tenon to fit the mortise. Anything over 5/8" on the PM felt like i was taxing the machine, and thats precisely where i would want a HCM for the job. If i ever find myself with an abundance of shop space, i wouldnt mind picking up one of the older hydraulic foot operated machines. 

This is a great buy, Tom. If it fits the work you do, great, if not, always nice to know you have a bit of equity sitting there fr when you need it.