Sawstop Inline Router Table

Mick S

32 minutes ago, JuniperJon said:

I just bought the SawStop 36" with router inline table. I moved my Kreg router lift over and it fits fine like your pictures. However, how do I attach it to the router table? The holes in the corners are blocked by the SawStop router table. What did you do? Thank you.

Hi Jon, and welcome to the forum.

My Woodpeckers lift is not attached to the table. It just rests on the leveling screws and the weight of the router motor and lift hold it in place. If the insert is flat there shouldn't be a need to screw it down.

• Thanks 1

I was wondering about that. I'm new to using RTs and not sure if it needed to be attached. I feel more comfortable if something spinning at 21KRPM is firmly attached. I have been thinking of selling my Kreg lift and buying the SawStop lift, but maybe I don't need to. It seems all the lifts do not match the attachment holes on the SawStop RT. Thank you for the advice. 

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad to be a part of the community. Hopefully someday I'll have more to contribute than just questions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JuniperJon said:

I'm new to using RTs and not sure if it needed to be attached. I feel more comfortable if something spinning at 21KRPM is firmly attached.

As long as there's no wiggle movement in the opening you should be fine. If there is, a little blue tape along the edge of the base will sometimes do the trick.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up selling the Kreg lift and buying the Saw Stop lift. I prefer to have it attached in the event the "big earthquake" hits the Pacific Northwest. I used the Saw Stop lift last night for the first time and it worked like a charm. I like the micro adjustments of the WoodPecker and the Kreg I just sold but think I can live with out. Thank you for the advice.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...