Sawstop Inline Router Table

Mick S

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome review. You even saved me the trouble of the dust shroud since I have the same router. Getting this will free up a huge chunk of space where my router table sits now. I can hardly wait. I'll definitely get the router lift as well though since the adjustment on my Triton broke like 3 days after I got it and I never sent it in for repairs. 

Thanks for the great review!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark J said:

@Mick S what are you doing for a router and lift for this table?  Did you get the SawStop lift with the table?  Reading through this post again and your other post in Power Tools it sounds like you're getting a Woodpecker lift?

I did order the Woodpecker lift and a PC 7512. Router is coming today and lift tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm looking into this table extension also. I like the idea of saving the shop space. It looks like you have the Professional with 36 rails and the Integrated Mobile Base. I have the 52" rail system, but otherwise the same. I talked with SawStop to make sure I was getting the correct router table and they made sure I had the exact model for my saw. When I called back, after much research and thinking, they said I couldn't get the router table. Their "Build & Price" functionality on their website said the same. The reason being, the Integrated Mobile Base isn't strong enough to support the weight of the Router Table.

It doesn't look like this is a big issue for you, as it appears your saw is stationary. I move mine everytime I use it, as I have a garage shop.

Have you moved yours much. Have you had any issues with the Integrated Mobile Base? I really like and want this upgrade, but don't want to hurt my gorgeous saw.

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 7:01 PM, gmaffPappy said:

Have you moved yours much. Have you had any issues with the Integrated Mobile Base? I really like and want this upgrade, but don't want to hurt my gorgeous saw.

Sorry, I just saw this question.

No issues with the mobile base, but I rarely need to use it. From what I read here and other places the industrial base may be worth the upcharge if you move it around much.

After having used it extensively on a few projects I love it even more. In particular, I love the micro-adjustment with a truly precise indicator with marks to 1/1000". 

• 3 months later...

Mick S,

I'm about to pull the pin and get a SS Tablesaw with their inline router.  It's been a year since you reviewed it.  Any updates in your opinion?  Would you have bought or done anything differently? 

Another question I forgot to ask the salesman, does your router plug somewhere on the saw?  The saw I'm looking at is 220V.  Just wondered how they handled that issue.

For me, it's a big investment.  I'd like to be as knowledgeable about the product before the purchase.  Thanks for any information you can give me.

Mark

Yes I would definitely do it again. It’s been a pleasure to use. Nothing new to report. It’s very solid. I have the Woodpeckers lift. The micro height adjustment is very precise. 
it does come with a 110V outlet with paddle switch. It’s independent of the saw’s power. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting this a few months ago with the sawstop lift and the 10" expansion to the wing. That Triton router doesn't work well with the lift, so I used a Bosch one. So I can use the shroud, though I've not gotten it yet. 

I can second Mick's thoughts. I am super glad I got this thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 7:22 AM, Mark K said:

Thanks for the reply, Mick. 

Which Woodpecker lift do you have?  On the Wood Magazine website they slammed it with one star, but the

others, it looks like there's three of them, got good reviews.

Thanks again,

Mark

Sorry, I just saw this post. I have the 420 V2. Looks like they gave this one 4.5 stars out of 5.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I would have found this website before I bought all the stuff I had in the last 2 months. I haven’t even used the Kreg precision router stand/table yet and now that I have the sawstop table saw I was to add this to it. I guess I could use the lift and the porter cable router and just drop them right in. I wonder what the advantages are to having it to the right end of the table vs the left? 

i notice your miter gauge is setup to the left of your blade. Do you always run it like that?

37 minutes ago, MJC said:

I wish I would have found this website before I bought all the stuff I had in the last 2 months. I haven’t even used the Kreg precision router stand/table yet and now that I have the sawstop table saw I was to add this to it. I guess I could use the lift and the porter cable router and just drop them right in. I wonder what the advantages are to having it to the right end of the table vs the left? 

i notice your miter gauge is setup to the left of your blade. Do you always run it like that?

I actually went back in your other thread to see if there was a router table in the background, with the idea of making that exact suggestion. It's a real space saver for me. I prefer having on the right end because I rarely have work wide enough to necessitate moving the fence all the way out there. On the left, it pretty much requires taking the fence off and lowering the cutter to use the saw.

Yes, I leave the miter gauge on the left. If I'm cutting miters for boxes I use a sled on the right side.