Homeright Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer - Seeking Info

Battle Ridge

I am considering purchasing a Homeright Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer and would appreciate any information anyone would have. I am also interested in anything anyone would like to share in regard to similar HVLP options at an affordable price.

I have a larger air compressor in my shop, but my (clean) finish area is in the house basement and I would prefer to avoid the hassle of moving the compressor back and forth. I also have a smaller air compressor for my finish area but use it primarily for final brad nail assembly and it is likely not large enough for spraying. I would also like to avoid the issues involved in HVLP spraying with an air compressor as the source, but am open to hearing opinions in that regard.

My primary usage would be for General Finishes products including Milk Paint, High Performance Topcoat, Exterior 450 Topcoat, Pre-Stain Conditioner, Water Based Stain, and also products such as Behr Porch and Patio Floor Paint, as well as other latex paints and primers. The items I intend to spray are wood furniture, individual boards and craft-type items.

Basically after spending hours of time painting with a brush, I am in need of an alternative means that can provide a quality finish, speed and efficiency, and to fit into a reasonable price point.

Thank you in advance!

Below is a link to the sprayer on Amazon…

https://www.amazon.com/HomeRight-C800971-Painter-Painting-Projects/dp/B071X9FZ7R/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=homeright&qid=1552263889&s=gateway&sr=8-1

It will probably be okay for things like you see the people in the pictures spraying with it.   It's not going to atomize thinner finishes, as one would typically spray on furniture projects, worth a damn.  I have a similar Wagner, as well as more than a few thousand dollars worth of various types of other spray rigs, and guns.  I use it if I'm far enough away from a good power source, and need to use a generator.  I don't want to run my airless rig on a generator, so that one gets used for stuff like painting fences.  It's not much good for anything else.

Thank you for the replies and it has been most helpful.  At the present, I think I will wait and get a higher quality (and more expensive) HVLP sprayer which would fit my ultimate needs better when the budget allows. 

With summertime arriving, I am presently working on a variety of outdoor projects (potting benches, plant stands, ornamental benches, etc.) in which I am primarily using Behr Porch and Patio Floor Paint - which actually recommends an airless sprayer.  My initial posting came after painting a section of lattice, which by brush can be quite time consuming (a coat of primer on each side, and two coats of finish on each side), and I hoped I could find a quick and inexpensive solution to make things easier.  Instead of a one-tool-does-all, I may just focus on obtaining an airless sprayer for the present projects.

As the seasons begin to change and I become more focused indoor furniture and items (more with the General Finishes products), hopefully the budget will allow the purchase of a better-quality HVLP sprayer to take residence in my finish shop.  With my woodworking shop in a building that is separate from the house & clean finish room, running air between the two isn't really feasible, as well as not wanting to leave the air compressor turned on in the unattended workshop.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

After further consideration and research (and with the assistance of help here), and a special thank you to a supportive CFO (and loving wife) and with the help of a 15% St. Patrick's Day discount, I ordered the Earlex HV5500 on Monday evening and it is due to be delivered tomorrow.  I also ordered the 1.5 needle / tip set to supplement the standard 2.0 needle / tip.   A little more than I was wanting to spend at the moment, but it should fit my needs a lot better.  I'm looking forward to the opportunity to put it into use.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Bought it from acme did ya? Congrats hope that you enjoy the setup. I quite like my turbine hvlp sorry i dind't chime in earlier.

Yep.  This was my first Acme purchase and couldn't beat the price anywhere else.  So far I am satisfied and Fed Ex tracking shows it arriving here tomorrow.

I spent some time in the basement today clearing an area for spray finishing and even though there isn't supposed to be a lot of over-spray, I plan on creating a space to keep everything contained.  Still contemplating the options but it will likely consist of a sheet of plastic on the ceiling and wall(s), with additional 'removable walls' suspended by a hook and eye to the ceiling that will easily collapse when not in use.  I have some large (room size) canvas drop cloths that will cover the floor.