Spanky's Awesome Curly Ambrosia Maple

Bmac

Yes, cut this off the end of one board that looked like it had the most figure, I'm assuming it was the butt end side, the curl wasn't as intense further up from this cutoff. But, I did not realize how much figure I had until I put the finish on. Honestly my jaw dropped. 

42 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Hey @Spanky if you run across two ends like that, thick enough to resaw 30" long each, I'd love to see if THEY like the left coast.

Surely you don’t think the ole boy in Tennessee out of curly ambrosia maple? I’m not sure if I can ship hillbilly lumber to the far left coast. :P I need to check my stock and see just how good I still have.

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

Surely you don’t think the ole boy in Tennessee out of curly ambrosia maple? I’m not sure if I can ship hillbilly lumber to the far left coast. :P I need to check my stock and see just how good I still have.

I have no doubt the ol boys got some Zingers laying around. I also know he ain't too keen on sending it out to wackyfornia, although if we are to be honest. He's already making rainbow lumber, I'm not sure how much more Hollywood I could make it if I wanted to.

Let me know bud. West coast moolah spends just as nicely

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

I know you are like all the woodworkers I deal with, you want the Super Best that I have right? Nobody wants just the good. :)

I'm a fan of buying big figured or interesting boards that have both great and good in it. Hard to find big sticks consistent thoughtout where I shop. 

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

Here’s a few pics.

40A0D252-1A1E-44EF-91E0-D863FB168B03.jpeg

EFA3E16F-5031-475A-A5D8-198BC3334075.jpeg

DF356119-F9F3-4365-9A10-88A41916F17E.jpeg

That's about what the wood looked like that I used before putting the finish on it. There is a good amt of curl and color in that, I think there are some excellent panels in there.