Live Video Feeds

JayWC

Is there a way to reach out to the people hosting the live feeds? I was wishing I could today! I saw Bucey (sp?) installing a dust collection system. He was taking great care to measure/fit/tape the joints. Looked like he was doing a nice job. HOWEVER!!!!! He was using standard pvc elbows versus long sweep. He was using regular tee fittings instead of long sweep sanitary tees. I'm not trying to pick on him by any means. It is just that I feel bad for him in the sense that he is putting all this time into his system and it's not going to work as well as it should because air flow at the turning fittings is going to suffer! There have been other people doing other normal woodworking too that could have used some input from viewers truly much more advanced than me...whether welcome or not...to increase their skill set or project.

Have any others of you 'virtually' yelled at your monitors too? :)

Is there a way to reach out to the people hosting the live feeds? I was wishing I could today! I saw Bucey (sp?) installing a dust collection system. He was taking great care to measure/fit/tape the joints. Looked like he was doing a nice job. HOWEVER!!!!! He was using standard pvc elbows versus long sweep. He was using regular tee fittings instead of long sweep sanitary tees. I'm not trying to pick on him by any means. It is just that I feel bad for him in the sense that he is putting all this time into his system and it's not going to work as well as it should because air flow at the turning fittings is going to suffer! There have been other people doing other normal woodworking too that could have used some input from viewers truly much more advanced than me...whether welcome or not...to increase their skill set or project.

Hey Jay, join the chat room. We are generally in there.One thing to make sure that you do is to click the play button on the bottom of the video screen, not the one in the middle of the viewer. That one will take you to Ustream's website. If you use the small one, it plays the video right there on the live page. That is where the chat room is at. You are required to create a username and password to access this chat. Come join the fun.

Hey Jay, join the chat room. We are generally in there.One thing to make sure that you do is to click the play button on the bottom of the video screen, not the one in the middle of the viewer. That one will take you to Ustream's website. If you use the small one, it plays the video right there on the live page. That is where the chat room is at. You are required to create a username and password to access this chat. Come join the fun.

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey jay just got your post this morning from the guys in the chat and I first want to thank you for the concern. I do know about the long sweep fittings and unfortunately i am on a budget for the duct work to my shop at the moment and the long sweeps are twice as expensive then the regular t's that i am using, but this dust collection is hooked up and fortunately it is running very nicely and doing its job of sucking in all the saw dust I am running a 2hp dc to it and do not have alot of different ports for it and about 50 to 60 feet of piping. You should def get in the chat room where you can see everyone running live and also chat with all of us thanks again for the concern and I look forward to seeing you in there.

Guy

Hey jay just got your post this morning from the guys in the chat and I first want to thank you for the concern. I do know about the long sweep fittings and unfortunately i am on a budget for the duct work to my shop at the moment and the long sweeps are twice as expensive then the regular t's that i am using, but this dust collection is hooked up and fortunately it is running very nicely and doing its job of sucking in all the saw dust I am running a 2hp dc to it and do not have alot of different ports for it and about 50 to 60 feet of piping. You should def get in the chat room where you can see everyone running live and also chat with all of us thanks again for the concern and I look forward to seeing you in there.

Guy

Hey Guy. I tried logging in the chat, but some Java error pops up. I'll take a look at it later. I'm glad you know about the better fittings and I'm very glad what you did works well for you. Hopefully you'll have more dough in the future to upgrade your d/c and piping. I'm glad you took my message as well being because it certainly was! ttyl.

Hey Guy. I tried logging in the chat, but some Java error pops up. I'll take a look at it later. I'm glad you know about the better fittings and I'm very glad what you did works well for you. Hopefully you'll have more dough in the future to upgrade your d/c and piping. I'm glad you took my message as well being because it certainly was! ttyl.

Hey Jay, make sure you check to make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed. It is a pretty finicky chat app, and sometimes it take a few times to get in. It is one of the things that Marc wants to change in time. The easiest way to check to make sure you have the lastest version is, when you are on the chat page, a little java icon shows up in the system tray. Right click the icon and go to "Java Control Panel," then go to the update tab. There you can click the "Update Now" button and it should update for you. Good luck.

Hi Jay,

I won't speak for Bucey, but I think he was inspired to put ducting in his shop after seeing my cam a few days ago. He asked some questions about my ducting and it just took off from there. He got a new table saw and thought it would be great to hook up "permanently" since his old setup was to drag around a flex line from machine to machine. He clearly made a wise choice for convience, ease of use and safety. When he starting pricing the fittings, he made a choice to go with standard t's and elbows instead of 45's, wye's and long sweep 90's.

What was really neat about this "caming" process is that during his installation he had questions. I was able to get on my cam too and we literally talked and showed each other our way through his concerns live. We talked about the fittings and how he was going to use the system, one machine at a time, short runs, etc. It was really a great way that I was able to help him. There's always going to be constraints in everything we do in woodworking, and I think this was one awesome way for him to get going on a system that makes his woodworking experience much, much better.

I hope you can get your java working so you can join in the chats. I had to download a new version of Java to get mine to work. Relatively speaking, I am new to the cam and chat, but I think it is a great way to share information and experience. Look forward to hearing from you.

By they way Bucey, please, please, please wear pants. (no idea how this thread got hijacked about your pants)

Tim