Just ordered a Dust Deputy...

JimB1

Bill: Thanks for your response and the pictures. What was the source for the black hose that runs between your Fein and the top of the Dust Deputy? The hose that Fein currently ships with the Turbo II is much smaller in diameter and a lot longer.

I have a cart for the Fein/Dust Deputy combination about 75% complete and will post pictures when it is completed. I am using plans I found in a 2012 Woodsmith magazine.

I finally finished my Fein shop vac/Dust Deputy roll around cart and have the system operational. I purchased a Craftsman (part no 916928) 2 1/2" replacement hose kit and cannibalized it to make the connection between the Fein and Dust Deputy. It is not perfect but it works. The OEM Fein hose (1 1/4" ID, 1 1/2" OD) connects with the Dust Deputy. I was concerned about the small hose size (relative to 2 1/2" hose on my Craftsman and Rigid shop vacs) but it seems to work fine. The Dust Deputy will also accept the 2 1/2" hose so I can go either way. I am extremely pleased with the system performance.

final shop vac cart.jpg

Thanks K Cooper. It is not obvious from the photograph but the base is constructed of two layers of 3/4" (nominal) Baltic Birch plywood. In the area of the Dust Deputy, a 10 1/2" diameter hole was cut in the top layer of the plywood. The Dust Deputy sits in this 3/4" deep recess. To be on the safe side, I have ordered bungee cords for both the Dust Deputy and shop vac. Note there are no casters present on the shop vac. I replaced the casters with dowels that in turn sit inside 1/2" deep holes. The original design came from WoodsmithPlans.com, SN10936 but I made some changes.

• 6 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2011 at 8:46 AM, DeGauss said:

One thing to do on the shop vac to stop the fine particles is to get a sheet rock dust bag that goes inside of the vacuum so your filter does not get clogged. Here

I have a Deputy and it is very nice. I think you will enjoy yours.

-Gary

The Fast Cap Reel with a pool hose has been working great on my shop.  With 25 feet of hose on it I can get to any machine in the shop and all of the floor.  Then when I am done with the hose I drop it walk over to the BIG reel and in a few seconds it's stored away.  It's so easy I can pull it out and wind it back up in seconds so it's not laying in the floor all the time.  No rolling around a shop vac that tips over.  Just installed a 4" dust deputy for the Bandsaw  will get a 2" dust deputy for the Reel and hose.  Works great.