Tuned up a drill press

Tom King

The Lee Valley drill press table took two days to get here. Ordered on Tuesday afternoon, it came this morning.  I haven't had time to open the box yet, since we're busy battening down the hatches for another blast of Winter weather, but I was really surprised it was a two day delivery.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I forgot there were people staying in the rental house, so it will be after Friday before I can do the next step on the handrails.

I like the LV drill press table.  Truthfully, the only reason I chose it was that I thought bright blue or red would be out of place on this old drill press.  The fence is a good design.  My only issue is the slugs holding the fence in the track don't clear the track intersections cleanly.  I have to reach under with a pick to clear the jamb.  I still have the aluminum cutting blade in the beater miter saw, so it will be an easy fix when I think about it-will try to remember to post pictures of tapering the end of the slug.

IMG_4158.jpg

• Like 1