Torsion Beams

gee-dub

wtnhighlander's got it.  I still have a pair of folding legs I bought 20 years ago with the intention of mounting them to a torsion table.  The table would fold flat and store against the wall.  The only problem was that I had no wall area that was open enough to allow me to access and store the table once folded.  The beams could be stored in the lumber rack, on brackets just below the lumber rack, or vertically leaning here and there.  This made them workable in a cramped shop.  I got the "big" carcass assembly table function without the table.  Even though I now have more space I am so used to them I just keep using them.

• Like 1

I have a torsion box. 4 x 7'. It lives on an old bench that I found. It was not quite high enough so the added inches of the torsion box was desirable. I have the multiple choice X legs an seen in this thread for the torsion box. I got this great and simple design from gee-dub. Thanks again gee-dub! The legs when not in use take minimal space. When in use is saves me from lying on the floor to adjust drawers, Too much for an old man. Now I no longe need to get on the floor. When done the top goes on the short bench.

• Like 1

Cabinet and commercial usually use benches 24" off the ground. This allows them to get weight on the build as they work on it. My Bench is 36" great for uppers , but not for bases. I end up on the floor. My bases can be anywhere from 12" to 12'... At the furniture company I took a bench and made adjustable legs. My current bench I won't disturb as I do more furniture than cabinetry these days..

• Like 1