Work shop improvements 2022

BillyJack

• BillyJack changed the title to Work shop improvements 2022

Shop table...Made this around 2000. 4x4 legs with 4 hidden drawers two "catch all" trays. Trays can be removed for cleaning or clamping. Clamps located on each side and a catch shelf for lumber or tools. Power on each side and within the last three years removed the PB top and installed a 8/4 hickory top. Due for new paint. Very solid..36"x78"x34" tall...Actual working surface 36"x68"...

table1a.jpg

computer saves 294.jpg

user323_pic12265_1518960330.jpg

373112671_clampfloor1.jpg.756124031bd07494216c4657d06fd07c.jpg

• Like 2

I shoukd say that what I have built only is half of the double demountable hinge. It shoukd be called a single demountable machine. When I started my shop, machines like this couldn't be found because of the house building boom. None were for sale. These machines were used a lot in the 80-90's and still today. The shops that have them keep them for re-work. 

tThe second half on the demountable hinge which plunges the face frame. These are hard to find. I'll try and post a picture

50392_6922633.jpeg

• Thanks 1

UIf you’re considering building a whole set of kitchen cabinets , building the poket hole jig is worth the time. I worked for a designe4cacfew weeks to build a wall of cabinets and a concealed laundry cabinet. The first day I wa# there I used his Kreg pocket hole jig. ThecKreg is a fine jig, butbnoth8ng compared to a productive router and Castle bit. Made the job much easier.

I did not get paid all my money as he was good at selling , but his lack of hiring the correct people(I was the third and final). He had two parts to the job and lost a lot on the metal side, leaving me short. He got into restaurant cards and with COVID it started out good , but bombed…

https://joemunson.com/

Barmobile-mobile-bar-portable-barcart-tableside-02-600x624.jpg

Barmobile-mobile-bar-portable-barcart-tableside-01 (1).jpg

I found it to be too smalll,and not enough storage. I can't add to the base without traping stuff behind it. I'm going to have to make a new one with a drawer and accessories.  I intended to buy a oscillating sander from Grizzly in around 2006 , but never did.  

$700 when I was looking to buy, now $1300

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, BillyJack said:

I intended to buy a oscillating sander from Grizzly in around 2006 , but never did. 

$700 when I was looking to buy, now $1300

Ain't that the truth.  I have a couple of machines I wanted back in the day but was unwilling to pay the price.  Same machines are still available but at nearly twice what I was already unwilling to pay :lol:

I took a look at the drill press. I believe the biggest I can go is 16x24. I’m saving my plyboo for a shuffle board table but may have enough for this drill press table. I may shoot down to the cabinet shop I use to work at and see if they have some laminated sink cutouts.

6B834EC9-4760-4496-9E88-9CB3E8063623.jpeg

• Like 1