HD3D router table complete

BillyJack

The interior hole was measured using the round diameter and can be cut with a jigsaw, scroll saw or band saw. The hole is cut smaller to allow sanding at the edge sander to close the hole up on an angle. The could be done several way. A oscillating sander for example... ]

5CEB8256-2587-4637-8AF6-1FB6E65F7864.jpeg

• Like 1

Sometime when I want to sneak up on a tight fit I'll leave the dado blades off and just use the saw blade. A router bit could be used as well. Here I'm just going too sneak up on the dado with my factory miter guage. Making sure I have a left and right for each opening. When completed you will eventually be able to slide the pieces in , which will lead to the DC.

download - 2022-11-08T130432.815.jpeg

download - 2022-11-08T130426.087.jpeg

download - 2022-11-08T130420.152.jpeg

download - 2022-11-08T130407.839.jpeg

• Like 2

On the top I used 3/4 maple but any hardwood will due. If you use softwood it could be dent between laminate and wood and crack a nice job in seconds. Hardwood takes a lickng and keeps on ticking.

I ran a core bit down the middle as I wanted a clear line to be painted to give me quick reference of the edge. Something I need with age these days.

Then laminate is applied and routed. I the took a bevel bit and smoothed the edges..

7C5A1EF5-37D9-4B39-8C73-F31D9F1F49A8.jpeg

• Like 1

I still have a few sheets from my cabinet days. I’m not sure if the big box  has or which colors. 

Best place to get laminate….  Your local cabinet shop. Each year they will grow countless piece usually a 1/2 sheet or smaller in the trash. If I wanted laminate today and wasn’t picky about the color, the local shop will have either discontinues stock or a color that didn’t get used..

• Thanks 1

So we now have a top , edge banded with hardwood, routed and covered in laminate. I used cheap Rousseau plates and routed accordingly. I made patterns first and tested the cuts and made them just under the desired depth. You don't want the plate proud by any means. Better under tHan over allows you to sneak up on the desired settings..

Using a PC plunge router, template guide and a plunge bit I plug the bit to the setting on the router positioning the template three times in the correct position using the pattern as a guide line.

With the three router plate holes routed. I now take a jigsaw and cut the reminder of unwanted waste. Test fit and install the router plates...At this point the top can be set on the router cabinet and check that everything is as the pattern suggest...

At this time I'm looking at a future a aluminum miter slot. You can mount it at this time or wait till you have the fence up to determine the best spot.. 

AA424A9F-4BF6-454B-ACAF-0D2113A39325.jpeg

• Like 1