Craftsman 21833 tablesaw

jpc91676

I need to tight or probably replace the belt on my craftsman 21833 tablesaw. The paperwork that came with it does tell me how to go about doing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the info, or could walk me thru it? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/376518/Craftsman-21833-Professional-Contractor-Table-Saw.html#manual

This is a link to the manual if you don't have it.  Many belt driven tools require that the motor be rotated to tighten the belt.  You just have to find the bolt that, when loosened alows the motor to be rotated.  IF you look at the diagragm on page 26 you will see the motor (part#6) and you will see the tab with a slotted hole on the back side of the motor.  The bolt that goes thru that tab holds the motor's position in the slotted hole.  Loosen the bolt a little and you should be able to rotate the motor.  Often it is not possible to move the motor to tighten the belt and hold it there while you re-tighten the bolt.  You may need a mechanical advantage --You may have to find large screw driver or something that will allow you to pry the motor to tighten the belt.  You will have to figure out what to pry against.  If the belt is glazed or frayed, replace it.  If not, use some spray stuff that helps keep the belt from slipping.  HOpe this helps.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Hey Ronn I appreciate you sending to the info and taking the time explain it. Im nothing with just pictures but based of your explaination I was able to go right there and locate it. Question.. Where should the bolt be located in that slot ideally? like if it was a new belt. Should I aim to get that bolt all the way to the end of the slot? You can see from my picture mine is near the middle. Again thank you for your time and input

20221113_154544.jpg

Don't expect the bolt to move to a specific location. The slot is made to allow the motor to rotate until the belt is tight enough, wherever that happens to be. If it reaches the end of the slot, the belt is too long, or you have severely stretched it.  Ideally, the bolt should wind up near the middle of the range of movement, when the belt is sufficiently tight.