request for feedback on our VRBO attempt

Tom King

The Coretec + luxury vinyl plank was a win.  With beer, wine, kids juices and drinks spilled pretty much everywhere, it all mopped right up, and looks like new again.  Pam says she will be finished inside by 2 this afternoon, then I can go to work on the outside.

8 adults and 3 children coming Friday.  At least they're honest about the number, hopefully, and have two 5 star reviews as guests. 

I've been a part of many rentals with 11 other very drunk 20 something guys and left the rental cleaner than when we arrived. That's a bit disgraceful what they did.

If you had enough good reviews I'd have left them a bad review but it probably wouldn't accomplish much they probably just create a new account after they get poor reviews.

Always a good idea to have the cleaning supplies readily available and easily accessible. Chestnut's comment made me remember the time we had to mop the floor with some t-shirts around a broom after a long weekend that may or may not have involved drinking games.

Our luxury vinyl plank flooring seems to be holding up just fine to the kid abuse 7-8 months in so far. It does seem to destroy our socks fairly consistently.

• Haha 1

The cleaning supplies for guests are in a closet in the laundry room.   The house book tells where everything is.  That closet was the only one in the house that nothing was used out of. 

In the bedroom closets there are extras of everything, including what should have been more than enough blankets for everyone even if the heat quit.  Every piece of that was used and had to be washed.  I think they must have had a bunch of kids sleeping on the floor.

The good thing about the weekend was that the severe wind rolled big waves into the cove for two days.  If you remember the cove that I started cleaning weeds out of a couple of years ago, you wouldn't recognize it now.  The big waves scrubbed the sand bottom to the point that you can see nothing but sand on the bottom.  There is a big roll of debris all along the beach, but I can get that up with the tractor bucket after it dries out.  I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow.

• 7 months later...