Stainless roofing nails

BillyJack

#1.. Better quality materials on your roof is better.

#2…better quality shingles can get you better insurance rates.

#3….What’s under the shingle and what holds it down is as important as the shingle.

What level?  I’m the guy that been fixing my roof for almost 25  years. I’m the one that has to go back and knock  those smooth shank nails down or replace them. The guy down tye street said he didn’t need ice shield . If I didn’t know better I could fall into that  line of thinking too.

Remember… I did a lot of three tab roofs in the day. I’ve been up there before, many times in the past.

#1… I don’t have to have stainless nails. I’ve got one section of the roof under a tree with a low slope and I thought it would be a good idea to use the stainless $400Second choice is grip rite hot dipped galvanized $160-7200 or do the cheapest nail electro-galvanized steel roofing nail.The winner is at Westlakes. Hot dipped ring shanks for $160..

I appreciate your input but remember the question…”Looking for stainless coil roofing nails. Anybody here’s of a deal, let me know.. 1 1/4”

On 7/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, legenddc said:

Since you're not doing the roof until the spring you could try setting an alert on CamelCamelCamel.com for the nails in case they drop in price. 

Thx.. My concern is pricing going up between now and then. Trying to get ahead of it.. I believe I will get the nails from Westlake  hardware for $165 ..

Found a guy in Richmond, Missouri with a Stinger button/cap gun. They’re usually close to $300:and he wants $100. Richmond is 60 miles round trip. I actually worked in a cabinet shop there for a few weeks. Asked the guy if he ever comes to I70 and he said no. There is a fair this weekend and thought he might come to it, but he said no. I’m going to try and hold out as it’s been on Marketplace fir awhile and see if he will work with me.

IMG_1166.jpeg