Another DC Question

Coop

Thanks guys, appreciate both points and posts. This is something I've done in the past and found it to be an incremental improvement for Dust collection. Not a night and day improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. And i ran that saw for 10 years. 

So I'll likely do the same thing here. It's only tape, so any adverse effects can easily be solved by taking it off if necessary. 

Cheers..

Doug

• Like 1

Thanks @Tom King. I actually do use the metal flashing tape. I use this stuff every day at work so I'm very accustomed to applying and removing it. It's exterior grade and can take a beating. And... I have it on hand. That last bit ends up being the deciding factor a LOT of the time as i get a little more frugal with each trip around the sun. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 7:45 AM, Tom King said:

Don't use the metal duct tape, or even regular what they call duct tape.  You don't want to have to get either of those back off.  I would only use clean release duct tape, or blue masking tape.  The clean release duct tape designed for outside use by painters can be removed years later when used inside.

I wish I would have seen this 20 years ago!! Getting that metal tape off stinks, luckily I have only had to do it once :)

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, pkinneb said:

I wish I would have seen this 20 years ago!! Getting that metal tape off stinks, luckily I have only had to do it once :)

I suppose there's different types with different adhesive levels. 

The stuff i use at work is exterior grade but it still comes off pretty easily and any adhesive remover takes care of any residue. 

• Like 2