Reading Blogs

As I was writing my blog on my shop tour, I thought I would read some of the other blogs. In doing so I noticed that with the exception of a couple there were no comments listed. Am I missing something that I don't see more comments, or is it just that the blogs aren't of that much interest that others don't comment on them? Being new to the forum I'm just finding my way around as to what Wood Talk has to offer. I noticed that the other threads seem to get more comments and wondered why the blogs seem to lack interest including Marc's blog and others.

The blog feature in the forum is mostly redundant. There aren't many folks who use it as a primary blogging platform. Instead, they plug in their RSS feed so that it re-posts here whenever they put up a post on their own site. I would also add that the system is flawed and doesn't import posts properly. If it did, I think people might spend more time reading these posts. I know for myself, I prefer to read blogs with an RSS reader. So I honestly never think to look here. I'm sure the situation is similar for many folks here. So I'd guess that the vast majority of people here frequent the forum and the gallery and that's about it.

Yea...it keeps losing my feed, so I finally gave up. I'm a quitter, ya see. I have no patience for tech that doesn't work like it should. I just use the main part of the forum, which works very well. I even stopped trying to post much in the gallery after I screwed up the sequence on a piece and accidentally deleted it. But, like I said, it works great for it's main purpose of a forum. I like the associated app for my phone, too.