turning book/video can you suggest

duckkisser

Hey Fellas, I am new to this woodturning thing but what has helped HUGELY is Turning Wood by Richard Raffan and Turning Bowls by the same. I also purchased his videos by the same titles plus Turning Boxes by R.R. There isn't anything on segmented turning and glueing in these videos but the technique is covered and it is amazing to watch him turn. He turning utilitarian pieces, not art or show pieces so this may not be what you are looking for.

great guys i just looked up both the turners and checked out a couple videos looks good might see if i can get them for christmas. and Dave ......VHS hehehehe that is so stone age. na just kiding got several documentaries and do it yourself movies on VHS even got a stack of laser disks that i was thinking of making a art piece with.

i just got a couple books and a video last night from library. turning wood with richard raffan like brett said and another book wood turning desighn by derek hayes that is realy good for at showing line, shape, color desighn. usefull for none art majors who have not been trained in any art classes. the book has simple explinations and lots of potos and drawing so it is easy to follow.

The Art of Hosaluk in Woodturning It's not really a beginners video, although they would certainly benefit from watching it. Mike is a friend of mine, and one of the worlds premier turners. He does cover technique, as well as demonstrating how to cut, form, and reassemble turnings into shapes that would be impossible to get from the lathe. Surface decoration, design, and form are also covered.

The Art of Hosaluk in Woodturning It's not really a beginners video, although they would certainly benefit from watching it. Mike is a friend of mine, and one of the worlds premier turners. He does cover technique, as well as demonstrating how to cut, form, and reassemble turnings into shapes that would be impossible to get from the lathe. Surface decoration, design, and form are also covered.

http://michaelhosaluk.com/store.php

• 1 month later...