Went to Grizzly for the first time today.

petersb

Well, I finally made it to the Grizzly showroom in Bellingham, Washington today.

I had the week off for vacation and checked with my Dads schedule and we were able to put the plan together to head up there. It was a beautiful summer day for the little over two hour drive there.

We showed up at the door at 11am. Lots of cool tools and some pretty fair pricing on alot of the non-Grizzly items that they carried too! I was impressed. After making a pit stop and wandering around for a few minutes, we were greeted by Smitty, one of the showroom staff there. Very friendly and ready to help us out. We wandered around a little over an hour, looking at all of the tools, and dreaming of buying one of everything they had. Finally we made our little $18 purchase and decided it was time to head back south towards home.

If you ever get the chance to visit a showroom, do it! It is a nice experience. I don't even own any Grizzly tools!

post-351-009151600 1283236065_thumb.jpg

post-351-056170400 1283236093_thumb.jpg

post-351-047712000 1283236149_thumb.jpg

post-351-068919900 1283236204_thumb.jpg

Sweet :) I'm trying to convince the GF to make that a vacation stop. Did you see anything of the scratch & dent stuff they advertise a couple times a year? I'm expecting that's all kept in the warehouse. Sure wish they'd get a store down our way, but I guess that would be way too dangerous to our bank accounts!

Hey Mech,

I did not see any of the scratch and dent stuff. I asked about it and they said that they keep in in the back until they have their sale. I think that they just had it in June. I was really hoping to get a good deal on something, I don't know what. They did have some good deals there on non-grizzly items that I saw, you know have to know what you are looking at though.

One example is a Dewalt scroll saw. It is cheaper than anywhere on the net by $30 that I found. They even have a combo with the light and stand for even less than just the saw alone.

If you do ever get to go up there, take some money. It was hard to roll away from there with nothing. My Dad made the $18 purchase.

That G0452 6" jointer looks different from the website. I assume it's a older version?

Also Nice photographs, what camera are you using?

I am not sure about the jointer. The camera canon powershot A540. It's older now but it does take really nice photos for a point and shoot. This one was on the "small" setting so I can upload the photos.