The Bench

Sac

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it weighs??? I mean, all the major beams I put in houses weighed like a Buick. Strong as hell but heeeeaaaavvvyyy. So I'm assuming the bench is heavy too. Nice job by the way. Looks like you'll be getting a lot of use out of it soon.

Thats some real nice work... It looks like there was a lot of detail invalved.. It looks almost identicle to the one on Popular woodwarking..

One question though.. If you dont mind... How much was the vice clamp?

Thats cool. It will probably serve you well for years to come...

Are you talking about the leg vise screw? If so, it was $35 from Lee Valley. Really easy to put in too.

The metal vice that is mounted on the side of the edge of the top of the bench/table...

Thats the one I am talking about. If thats only 35.00 than thats a good deal and well worth it...

Thanks for the info....

That one is a Jorgy quick realease. It was $135 or so. But it is very nice..

Lovely bench. I'm glad to see someone else use man made materials. I attended a lecture by The Schwarz this spring, & while he thought Megan's bench would hold up, the impression I got was that he was slightly less than impressed with the LVLs vs true wood.

No matter, I love mane made materials. I currently working on a modified version of Lang's 21st Century workbench made of Timberstrand. Timberstrand is traditional framing lumber, made of OSB. That makes it heavy & straight. Perfect for a workbench, I think.

Good luck with using the bench. Please keep us posted on it use.