PhilSpencer52

G'day

My name is Phil Spencer, I have just registered to join this Forum. I am a passionate part time wood worker and collector of antique tools, I live in the outer Melbourne suburb of Ferntree Gully in Victoria Australia. When not at my day job I make furniture attached is a picture of the bed I made for my daughter

Regards

Phil

post-1584-043390800 1283565483_thumb.jpg

G'day

My name is Phil Spencer, I have just registered to join this Forum. I am a passionate part time wood worker and collector of antique tools, I live in the outer Melbourne suburb of Ferntree Gully in Victoria Australia. When not at my day job I make furniture attached is a picture of the bed I made for my daughter

Regards

Phil

Phil,

Welcome! Great work - Looking forward to seeing more - Although somehow I expected the photo to be upside down. No worries.

-Gregory

Okay, that was too funny.

So I'll show some ignorance. Maps printed in Europe center Europe. North America center North America. China, well, they even named their country "center of the world".

Naturally Australia will be in the center of your maps (other than in imported atlases), but do they rotate the Cardinal reference? It's all relative anyway.

Somehow I just know I'll be labeled the ignorant 'merican for asking (although I went to 'merican school, I can locate Australia in less than 20 minutes on the map; guaranteed!)