checkers and checker box

lawrence

Here's some checkers I carved last night/tonight for a friend... they already have a board and just requested "checkers" (she requested them on Thursday... to give him tomorrow for Father's day) It is a full set plus a couple of spares just in case. I used my carvewright to cut out the top for the box and for the checkers... I can't imagine how I'd make them otherwise.... overall time including cnc design and finish (lacquer) - about 3-4 hours.

Woods are maple and walnut with a maple box. The black is "marsh spray ink" which dries VERY fast and doesn't bleed into the pores. For the box, I used my new incra ibox - this REALLY cut down on time and made for very clean cuts on the tablesaw.

checkers11024x768.jpg

checkers21024x768.jpg

checkers31024x768-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Lawrence

thanks guys, I appreciate the support

DK- they are maple and walnut-- the box is maple as well

MDS - they already have a board. As to wanting a CNC.... the prices on them are so (comparatively) low and there are so many options available now... I know it probably seems like I don't make stuff without using my CNC, but that's really because it has just become such a natural part of my shop... like my jointer or my tablesaw it touches most of my projects in some way.

Thanks again all, this was a fun project

Lawrence