Woodworking classes near Los Angeles, CA

willurd

Hey everyone. I'm an absolute beginner and I'm looking for a place where I can take classes at night or on the weekends near Los Angeles, CA (or Corona, CA as I head that way fairly regularly on the weekends). I know Cerritos College offers woodworking courses, but I'm looking for something a little closer to where I live and a little more fast paced than college courses (I'd rather not have to wait until the end of the semester or summer if I'm ready to move on to another subject, tool, project, etc). Thanks!

Thank you guys for telling me about William Ng! That was exactly what I was looking for. It's not very close to me, but it seems much more dense than a college course. He also teaches a class on boxes, which I'm very interested in. And the fundamentals class in January starts on a wednesday so I'd only have to take 3 days off. If I can get that time off this is perfect!

I never attended Ng's school and I did attend Cerritos College. As a beginner you will learn proper safety using this equipment at Cerritos. At least take the beginner class which will give you a solid foundation for whatever direction your journey will take you. Good luck with your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in San Diego and have taken a number of classes at William Ng's school. I can highly recommend it. Probably depends on the instructor. I've taken classes from William, Darrell Peart, and Mr. Woodwhisperer himself -- Marc. All good experiences. If you are a beginner, use common sense on what you sign up for. Some of the projects may seem cool but the pace is fast and if you can't keep up you may not get as much out of it.