Bosch GCM12SD glide miter saw - opinions?

Mister Pants

1 hour ago, fireball said:

ChrisG - what is a ZCI?

N00b - let's see pics of the table!  Also, where did you buy for $509?  I'm seeing $600 everywhere I looked.

Thanks!

First first rule of Wood Talk Online is to watch the marketplace threads. Second rule of Wood Talk Online is to watch the marketplace threads. Third rule of Wood Talk Online is to not be an ass. Doesn't look like you've broken rule three yet but clearly missed rules one and two. haha. Last week @Tom Cancelleri was kind enough to post that Acme Tools was having a one day sale for 15% off of everything. Several of us jumped on that to get the GCM12SD for $509. If I were you, and if you're not in a super hurry, watch CPO Outlets. For a while they had refurb GCM12SDs for $460'ish. Right now they're a bit higher but the price does fluctuate a bit.

As for my Miter Stand... I decided to not take the time to 'figure out what i really want' and just found a plan that works for me. A friend of mine, Brad, that runs FixThisBuildThat.com posted plans of his a couple of months ago. I just had to change the table width to 27" and away I went. This change the cut list by plywood sheet but I was still able to get it from two sheets. Also, I had enough left to build the dust catcher in the back. I have a shop dust collector with plumbing everywhere but I also have an extra shop vac. I bought an automatic shop vac turner oner thing (iVac) and threw mine in the bottom. I did this so I don't have to roll the table over to where dust collection is if I just need to make a small cut.

Oh ya... And I broke out the Kreg for the first time in 9 months. Makes me feel better about that pre-N00b period of my woodworking life.

Here are some pics...

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

4 hours ago, fireball said:

ChrisG - what is a ZCI?

N00b - let's see pics of the table!  Also, where did you buy for $509?  I'm seeing $600 everywhere I looked.

Thanks!

Last year (and possibly this year) AcmeTools.com had a 15% off sale on April 15th for tax day, gotta cash in on that refund check. 

Thanks guys, I've set myself a calendar alert to check Acme on April 15th!

N00b, very nice setup!  We have the luxury of having a bit more space, and it's soon time to build a dedicated miter saw station.   Any chance you could tell me what the depth of your setup is? 

56e034d64bc4f_chopsawdepth.jpg.090774ab6

2 hours ago, fireball said:

Thanks guys, I've set myself a calendar alert to check Acme on April 15th!

N00b, very nice setup!  We have the luxury of having a bit more space, and it's soon time to build a dedicated miter saw station.   Any chance you could tell me what the depth of your setup is? 

56e034d64bc4f_chopsawdepth.jpg.090774ab6

23 3/4"

• 1 month later...