Mitre Bench Layout

jimbofoxman

I am going to build a miter bench kinda like Nahms but I am looking for input on where along the bench to place the miter saw. I have a 12” dual bevel non-sliding saw. If you are facing the wall it would sit on I have 13’ to the right for a bench. To the left I have 10.5’ where I couldn't have any cabinets but could have something that folds out for support as it’s at the end of the out feed if I run 8’ sheet goods on the tablesaw.

So I am trying figure out where I should place the Miter Saw. I would also like a spot for my Delta mortising machine, whether it’s permanent or removable like Norm’s.

What suggestions do you have?

Thanks!!!

I would set it so I had 8' on one side and, 15.5' on the other side that way you have your options open if for some reason you a long board to cut I have my miter station on a 36' foot wall so I can cut up to 24' on one side of it and, 12' on the other side now I've never needed the whole 24' but, I've cut some 18' 4x4's for a pergola they needed a decorative cut on one end so I say keep your options open.

gallery_2926_838_77333.jpg