Posting pictures issue.

wdwerker

Have to admit that iPhone 4s is now a slower processor than their target sales so I expect more bugs. I cannot copy a photo and paste it anywhere. I cannot "share" copy a Safari link through the action button. I have had limited success copying directly out of the URL box. This could be latency with the other third party apps. One of the places I paste links is FaceBook... I like the platform. I fully expect the kinks to be unbent in a few days to a couple of weeks. Not totally bitter, just not a fan of the new system bugs. I would like to think beta testing would catch these things and allow for better launches.

PS I used to have a device stream of photos for each device with a separate cloud stream. Now the stream is completely blended. No more hiding purchase confirmation screen captures from my wife.

Didn't you get the memo? You are supposed to trade in that old phone every time a new release comes out.

I seriously suspect the mfg does sneaky things in updates to 'encourage' folks to abandon older hardware or software. I couldn't believe how incredibly slow my Windows XP machine became after installing the final updates that included the "You ain't gettin' any mo' help from us!" notice.

Sad, I was hoping I had helped you when Chrome worked for me. Next steps on an Apple service ticket would include a shutdown and restart. While the machines do not "reboot" like PCs, they do dump some cache on shutdown. They will also ask you if you are backed up and will suggest factory wiping and then restoring from the backup. I have not tried these options yet. I wanted to wait a few days and then check the gripe blogs to see if these are broad issues or something peculiar. And before you ask, I am never up this early. I sit here hacking and waiting for meds to calm me down. This virus is bad. Hope you all miss it.

It looks like Apple are aware of the issue that certain apps have with accesing the photos album. There are a few bugs and they are working on IOS8.0.2 to fix probs. Apparently some users of iphone 6 can't make or receive calls on their phones after 8 update.

I'm waiting for a stable version. I remember Windows NT 4 sp6 that screwed up servers worldwide back in the 90s and was quickly withdrawn within hours. Sp6a was released soon afterwards to repair the screw up and made IT people like me suspicious of any operating system patch or upgrade to this day.

http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-29358986

When using chrome on the ipod it asked me if I would like access to photos which I approved. It now works ok on the ipod running 8.0.2

I think I'll try uninstalling the app from the ipad and reinstalling. That may be the solution as it might ask for approval to access photos after reinistalling.

The plot thickens....

• 9 months later...

Two issues may be in play. First, you may need a few more posts to be able to post pictures in posts. Just comment in this thread a few more times. Second, I have had difficulty posting images to my profile. I waded into the Gravatar mess because it allowed that option but this is the only place I have ever heard of Gravatar. Try a few more posts first and give it a go.