Opinions on this guys DIY tablesaw build

TerryMcK

I guess the build would work OK but the video was boring.  Blade changes must be a S.O.B.! And blade height adjustment looks a bit iffy to me.  I didn't watch any more videos about the build but, one of things that I would miss about this saw is the tilt mechanism. I'm just spoiled!

Just my dos centavos worth.

Rog 

Video was well edited with lots of cuts.

Beyond that I think the machine is a bit scary. There is no protection for the blade to come off the arbor, and he tightened with a lock wrench and his hand on the blade. Not much better then finger tight.

There is no provisions for a fence and he in fact makes several cuts with both hands on either side of the blade. Plus since he is using single sheet thickness of plywood to mount the motor so that will sag over time.

• Like 1

==>Opinions on this guys DIY tablesaw build

You know, I was just listening to an interview with SawStop's Marketing Director where he anounced SS was 'close' to having their job-site saw ready for market.. In addition, he stated that SS's crack Engineering team found a way to keep it cost competitive... But he didn't mention that it's being Beta Tested... :)