In the spirit of Marc and his team

Mzdadoc

Quick question for DaveAKAQiten, and Raefco,

When boys come by the house do you clean your shotgun at the kitchen table?

Or do you go for the much more overt cleaning the pistol on the coffee table while sitting on the couch?

The first makes you look dangerous... the later makes you look down right crazy.

Naw, seriously, congrats Raefco on the graduation. That is a big deal. You should be very proud.

• Like 2

My daughter is 24 and when she and I have been out and have seen some of her guy friends from highschool they've still told me they fear me now as much if not more than then. LOL My work is done then.

My daughter once asked why I make all of them afraid. I told her fear breeds respect and since they know how close we are and you tell me everything they'll be even more mindful of their conduct.

I prefer to show my crazy side... No guns... I just don't say anything and stare at them the entire time.  I usually insist we have a meal with the suitor and my wife does all the talking and I just stare... Usually that's enough to keep them away :)

I remember when my youngest daughter went on her first date. She dated a 6'3" linebacker from her school's football team. He's a good kid. I'm fairly short but that didn't stop me from looking UP at hm and telling him to not make me have to hurt you if you disrespect my daughter. Ah, the joys of raising daughters!

• Like 1

Quick question for DaveAKAQiten, and Raefco,

When boys come by the house do you clean your shotgun at the kitchen table?

Or do you go for the much more overt cleaning the pistol on the coffee table while sitting on the couch?

The first makes you look dangerous... the later makes you look down right crazy.

Naw, seriously, congrats Raefco on the graduation. That is a big deal. You should be very proud.

My method was far more protracted then mere intimidation. We moved to the small town of Selma, about 10 miles from Muncie when the girls were very young and the wife wasn't working at the time.

Our house quickly turned into the place to hang out. You know the place, the one with the crazy over protective mommy and the scary construction worker dad, the one that always had a fridge full of drinks and kitchen never closed. I treated those kids just as my own and if their parents didn't like it they could keep their little crumb snatchers away from the Raef house, or come and voice their concerns, no matter either way. When the crumb snatchers turned teenagers you knew the who what and where of everything going on in a 10 mile radius and still yet, nobody wanted any part of pissing of the crazy construction worker dad. LOL