Today I am paying the price for a garage woodshop

rodger.

As many of you know, I recently moved into a new home/shop and my shop is pretty small (one car garage).  So I took the Eric/Kiki approach and banned everything non-woodworking related from the garage.  This means no recycling boxes, cleaning supplies, or even bikes.

This means I store all my automotive gear in my basement, including my winter tires.

So today I lugged up 8 tires (my 4 tires/rims and the wife's 4 tires/rims) to do the annual snow tire change over.  I changed them in the driveway, and then lugged all 8 all-seasons back down to the storage room in the basement. 

Ugh.

So it sounds like you blame ME for that. :lol:

Sorry man.  Here's a solution...buy a truck. :D

You hosers have those in Canada, yeah? :P

Even the truck guys around here need snow tires.  It would actually make my situation worse, cause the tires would be larger, heavier, and more expensive.  A friend just paid 2000 for new tires and rims for his ford F150.  Snow tires are mandatory gear around these parts, no matter what you drive!

Dang, I'm glad I live somewhere where all season tires work in all seasons! One day of effort for a year's worth of shop, still sounds like a great trade off.

We call all-seasons "summer tires", even though we use them 3 seasons out of the 4.  Some people leave all seasons on all year, but it makes driving a heck of a lot more dificult and dangerous.  Some provinces have instituted laws regarding snow tires, and a person can get big fines for not having them.  I believe Quebec has such a law.

As many of you know, I recently moved into a new home/shop and my shop is pretty small (one car garage).  So I took the Eric/Kiki approach and banned everything non-woodworking related from the garage.  This means no recycling boxes, cleaning supplies, or even bikes.

This means I store all my automotive gear in my basement, including my winter tires.

So today I lugged up 8 tires (my 4 tires/rims and the wife's 4 tires/rims) to do the annual snow tire change over.  I changed them in the driveway, and then lugged all 8 all-seasons back down to the storage room in the basement. 

Ugh.

I feel your pain, just built a house and the garage is only 14 X 28 and the door is in the 14' end. My work shop is in the basement that includes the motorcycles, the snow blower, lawn mower and other seasonal stuff is in a loft in the garage so i have stuff stored in 20 foot elevation change  <_<

We call all-seasons "summer tires", even though we use them 3 seasons out of the 4.  Some people leave all seasons on all year, but it makes driving a heck of a lot more dificult and dangerous.  Some provinces have instituted laws regarding snow tires, and a person can get big fines for not having them.  I believe Quebec has such a law.

In some years we get a snow that can be as frighteningly deep as 4". School is cancelled, most don't go into work, it is a local emergency for that DAY. It, of course, melts off by about 3pm that afternoon but it is mayhem until then...

• Like 1

They have started selling winter tyres here in the UK and offer to store them in a warehouse (at vast cost) during the non winter periods. Trouble is we only get about 1/2" of snow (apart from in Scotland) and occasional icy roads so all weather tyres still work ok. I've been to Ontario in those cold winters you have Pug and you definitely need those tyres.

Seeing Niagra Falls frozen over was a real eye opener when we went between Christmas and New Year one year. There was a big snow dump one night and we were snowed in the next day. My wife Elly and I walked to the falls from the hotel we were staying in (that one on the Canadian side that overlooks the falls) and when we got there there was so much spray she said she couldn't see anything as her glasses had frozen over due to the spray turning instantly to ice. I told her to take them off and she said that was just as bad as she couldn't see anything with her glasses off either! Man it was cold that day.

Keep safe on those roads.