walnut strash

treeslayer

here's a couple of pictures of some walnut i bought last week, the one pile is all 2 1/4 to 3 inches thick and the other pile is mostly 1 inch to 1 1/2 thick all 8 foot or more.

got both for $150.00 bucks total, its all rough sawn, the guy just wanted to get rid of it to make room in his garage. some of it is firewood and some i'll have to make a planer sled to get one flat side as it's a little twisted but i thought what the heck, i'll have walnut for a long while. just noticed should be walnut STASH not strash, brain not communicating to fingers this morning :wacko:

post-17217-0-48879400-1429971845_thumb.j

post-17217-0-74197800-1429971872_thumb.j

• Like 1

not a CL find, was at a guys metal shop and looked up at some storage racks and they were full of walnut, he said he offered it to some other people and they didn't want it, so i shot him a price and he took it. he was glad to get the space back, only felt guilty after i sent some thru the planer and saw how beautiful it was

• Like 1

don't have any secrets bradley, i talk to a lot of woodworkers in my area, get some tips once in a while, found that last stash completely by accident, was at a guys metal shop and told him i didn't like working with metal and that i was a woodworker. he pointed up in the rafters and said this used to be a wood shop and he would sell it all, the rest is history. keep your eyes and ears open is all i can say