I'm stuck

I have removed a double oven that I'm not replacing.  So I've decided to turn part of the opening into an appliance garage.  The problem I have is the the face frame was cut in order for the oven to fit and now I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Should I add a piece of wood in the space?  Remove the entire face frame and rebuild it?  Go frameless?  I am a novice wood worker and am looking for the simplest solution.  I plan to make the cabinet doors slide inside the cabinet to get them out of the way when using the appliance garage and it will end up being painted like the rest of the cabinets.

post-17945-0-63959700-1432399302_thumb.j

Pocket doors are tricky hardware to get installed just right. Accuride makes a good kit for pocket doors. Have you ever drilled 35 mm holes for concealed hinges ? Just cut and clean up the face frame opening, it needs to be pretty square. Practice doors made of MDF or particle board would be a good idea, then when you have it figured out install the real doors.

Your doors appear to be MDF routed fake raised panels, a local door MFG shop might be able to make them for you. They call those Thermofoil doors.

• Like 1

Pocket doors are tricky hardware to get installed just right. Accuride makes a good kit for pocket doors. Have you ever drilled 35 mm holes for concealed hinges ? Just cut and clean up the face frame opening, it needs to be pretty square. Practice doors made of MDF or particle board would be a good idea, then when you have it figured out install the real doors.

Your doors appear to be MDF routed fake raised panels, a local door MFG shop might be able to make them for you. They call those Thermofoil doors.

post-2896-0-83604600-1432478628_thumb.jp SAY WHAT MR. WDWERKER?????

post-2896-0-83604600-1432478628_thumb.jp