Sectional Couch Connector

ChrisG-Canada

I have a sectional couch in my living room - made up of 4 sections and forming a large "L" shape. Each section connects with a connector similar to this (image found on Google)...

post-16945-0-82088900-1434846993_thumb.j

My issue is that the corner and sidesections won't stay connected and are constantly drifting away from each other. The connectors seems to grab firmly but apparently not with enough force to keep the sections together when people geton/off the couch. The couch is in the middle area of the room so there are no nearby walls, etc. to hold or anchor the couch.

Any suggestions for some sort of alternate connector that will firmly lock the sections together but still allow them to be disconnected if needed? All sides of the couch are visible to appearance is important.

I had the same problem. I solved it by adding a hardwood strip to the floor against all the "legs" metal frame in the back of the couch. It keeps coming undone because it moves back when people sit down, causing the couch to bend on the access of the connectors. you need to restrain the movement and it won't come apart. Depending on the design of your sectional you should be able to hide the wooden strip under it.