Dust mask + ear muffs

treesner

Im trying to figure out a way to get some flip up ear muffs in my dust mask. I end up taking my ear muffs/dust mask on and off very occasionally when using and the muffs always get caught up on the dust mask straps.

Can you guys think of an easier way to do this? I was thinking those flip up hard hat style muffs would work good but not sure how that would work since the mask doesn't have a rigid top

f388d78ff7f7b3ad04654f75c0b2cf03.jpg95480555fb4c19a0e08862ac3b116421.jpg621efbbf5cb8c300bcb7f9c2ce437457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the question, but without the mask in hand I can't guess how that might be done.

I would consider wearing the hard hat with the attached ear muffs.  The hat combo might be easier to take on and off w/o becoming entangled in the mast straps.

I have gone to wearing ear plugs rather than muffs.  I think it was This Old House that said they provided better protection.  True or not, plugs might also be less likely to become entangled.

2 hours ago, Ronn W said:

I wear my hearing protection over the straps of my mask.  3M - M7502 mask.  No problem as long as I put them on in the right order.

This.  Mask, glasses, wool hat (if it's cold out), ears.  In that order. 

Put your ears on last.  The mask can have difficulty sealing properly if you are wearing anything under the straps. 

And speaking from personal experience, helmets with flip up anything are a PITA if the helmet is not custom fitted, and then that takes some money.   Anytime I would go to lean over, the thing would shift or fall off completely, Especially while wearing a mask underneath it.  I've dropped more than one helmet into a vat of acid.  The solution is to wear a chip strap, but I found that to be more of a problem than a solution, as it's uncomfortable and also tangles with the other straps. 

And I don't know why you'd want to lose those earmuffs.  I love mine and they are the best I've ever worn.