Coffee Table Plans

lewisc

Lewis, Lester made a good point about adfing a bevel to the underside of the top. That will provide a much more refined look. C Shaffer's comment about the splayed legs is valid, your joinery needs to be rock solid. Although normal coffee table use shouldn't be a problem, sitting on it might. Study how the joints are made on chairs with splayed legs.

Thanks. I'll do some playing around in sketchup and see how a bevel comes out. As far as a breadboard end goes, I see so many tables without them over here. It might be a trendy thing at the moment for this style of top. All the pictures show a really nice top but I'm not sure what they'll be like down the track. There are a couple with breadboard ends but not many.

recycled_messmate_angled_U_Base_1.jpg

After a big of searching, I found this table. I had based my plan of a different one but this does looks more refined and less chunky.  I might change the leg join to be similar to this one. The joinery will be 2 dominos in each leg so it should be plenty strong enough.

Jessica-Recycled-Messmate-Table-1.jpg