Another new desert guy

NSBrad

Hi Everybody,

I've been lurking here awhile and finally signed up to post.  I'm pretty much a beginner and trying to learn how to do things.   I pick things up pretty quickly and I'm generally good with building things.  

I've already started my first big project and it's going pretty well.  Although I probably bit off a little too much for the first one.   I'm making an entertainment center.  I blame Marc for making it look so easy in the videos. ;) It's almost done, just needs to be finished and a base plate put on.  BIggest thing I've learned so far from it is to not rush.  The only two things that are driving me crazy right now are a router slip due to rushing and I didn't get one of the small dividers in my design perfectly vertical.  The later was me trying to finish the base build in a hurry the night before I had knee surgery.  Not sure if I'll be able to straighten it now that it's dried and set.  

Overall I had fun doing it and can't wait to get back at it in a few weeks.  There's a lot more stuff I want to make and do.  Now I just have to find the money for all the new toys I want to build them.  :D

Some of the lessons we learn by making painful mistakes! Those are the lessons that sink in the deepest, you won't make that mistake again will you? The difference between a master and a journeyman is how well he can hide his mistakes.

Welcome to the neighborhood !