just letting you know who I am

My name is Rick, I own a 2000 classic Yamaha 1100 vstar, it is painted candy apple blue with true fire on the front fender, and tank.

That is why my username is ricksvstar.

I live in Cornwall ON. Ca.

I enjoy working with wood, I spend hours in my shop working on projects, It is very small so I tend to bring projects in the house, for

finishing.

I am also retired, have been for about 8 years, I got bored after being retired for about a year, and went back to work for a while, and

discovered, I don't like working for other people anymore, so now I work for myself.

I have another hobby which is riding my bike. I tend to just get on it and, mostly ride by myself. This way I can ride as hard as I want, or just take it

easy.

I am in the process of looking for a car to restore, and I have found a 1965 tbird, you see I also enjoy cars as well.

Thanks Richard Mathurin

Welcome Rick. 

Saw that username and thought there might be a Vstar involved. I just sold my '99 Vstar 1100 custom. Mine was stock color, but I always thought if I could have found a good artist, I'd have added true flames.

They're all great bikes if the starter clutch doesn't go on you. We had a couple friends who had close calls riding and my wife got nervous with me riding. So I'm taking a break on it until the kids are grown.

Welcome to the forum.

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies, welcome to the forums. I have posted a picture of my bike, and me if you are interested. It is a 2000 vstar classic. When I had bought it, it was a very dull

black, and no matter what I did to get it to shine, it always stayed dull. A friend of mine, who paints vehicles as a hobby, said to me we should paint it. I went with him to a body shop, picked some silver metal flake, some candy apple blue, then the process began. We pulled the bike apart, sanded everything down, and then sprayed 3 coats of the silver metallic. I went to get coffee at Tim Hortton's coffee, then 3 coats of candy apple blue. I went to get Coffee again, then we sprayed 3 coats of clear, and I went and got more coffee. The following day we put the bike back together. The following year I got the true fire flames done. The picture does not do the paint job justice, when the bike is in the sun, it just pops, I have had a lot of compliments about the bike, and who did it.

Just to let you, my wife doesn't like the bike. She has come for a ride about 3-4 times, since I have had it. We are now in the process of looking for a sports car, that we can tour around in. We are retired and starting to do a lot of travelling. I have looked at Mazda Miatas, Mustangs, Corvettes, and the list goes on. I have recently found a 65 tbird, hard top, the body is in very good shape, I just have to convince my wife we should buy it, it would very comfortable. Oh well such is life when your married, Thanks again for the replies, Richard mathurin