Board ft.

I have decided to build this project.  I am in the process of gathering a few things, tools etc. that i don't currently have.  Mainly more clamps.  Does anyone know how many board feet are in the queen size Dogon bed?

Thanks, 

Tom

I don't know the exact board foot count since I over-bought. But it is quite a hefty quantity due to the thickness of the stock. Because of the visibility of the various parts and the limited number of components, this is one of those projects you should probably buy on a board by board basis, picking out boards for each particular purpose, as opposed to buying a big lot of a particular BF quantity. 

That said, I still need to get the platform bed plans doctored up to include the board foot info. Sorry for the delay on that.

m

• 3 months later...

I was looking more for cost estimates.  I am lucky enough to be close to a mill, so I get to pick lumber for all projects.  

If you have a SketchUp cutlist estimate, it would be helpful, but I can always just draw up a quick model too if it's not readily available.

Don't worry about it Marc.  

I appreciate you taking the time, but if you don't have it easily available, I can just as quickly draw something up in SketchUp.  Knowing this client, she is going to want to change it fifteen times before we get started anyway, so it's probably best for me to have a working SketchUp model for her.  

Thank you though for looking into it for me.

-Chris