Veritas shop apron

rodger.

Let me start this review by stating that I have never been a "shop apron" guy. I would leave my stuff all over the place, and play the game of " where did my gauge, tape, square, etc. go?"

This apron was expensive, at about 40 dollars cdn. I was unsure about it,but I know lee valley are superb with returns, so I didn't sweat it. If I didn't like it, I knew I could return it no problem.

Upon trying it on, I found it difficult to adjust. Not because of poor design, but because of my own newness to the apron. After fiddling and swearing, my wife finally showed me how to adjust it properly. The apron has quick adjust clips on the nylon straps. There is also a quick release snap on the back waist area.

It fits well, and makes an "X" across the back so there is no strain on the neck. It is quite comfortable and has lots of nice pockets (some covered). The feature I really like is the horizontal pencil slot, so that the wearer doesn't stab himself in the neck every time he bends over to do something.

Overall a nice apron and I would certainly recommend it. I have been converted to an "apron guy"!

I have been using it for about two weeks now, and I am starting to get used to not losing my essentials. I keep a 4 inch square, a tape, a wheel gauge, two pencils, a 6" steel rule, a small block of paraffin wax, and a rag on me at all times with complete comfort. I may start carrying around an apron plane too, we'll see.

Maybe i won't ruin anymore shirts with TB3 either!

Here is the link, and there is also a video if you would care to watch it.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=70774&cat=1,43413,45989

• 5 weeks later...

Tried this apron a while back and it's gathering dust on the back of my workshop door! Not because it's a bad apron, but because I just couldn't take to it :( Normal multi pocket trousers suit me down to the ground!

Bit off topic.. but when I was in college, one of my lecturers noticeably had the top of his finger missing.. After asking him why this was, he told us how it happened..

He was working on his bandsaw when his wife (probably very close to being his ex!) thought it would be a good idea to bang hard on his workshop door whilst she brought him his tea.. With the fright he moved his finger right into the path of the blade taking it right off! Blood spatter everywhere he went to his firstaid box, stuck a gauze and bandage on it and drove to the hospital. Long story short he was stitched up and went home later on, he cleared up his workshop, not finding the tip of his finger, thinking nothing of it he put on his apron and sure enough it was in one of the pockets! He made a small glass box in which he hangs on his wall to remind him of his mishap which he brought in to show us.. freaky..

Anyways.. I'd recommend the apron too ;)

~WW

I have tried aprons but they get too hot in the summers here in GA. Duluth trading Co Firehose Work pants and shorts will hold an amazing amount of stuff. Started using suspenders to spread the weight out and keep my pants up.

Thinner sweat evaporating fabric that flexes for summer shorts, fire hose canvas that has survived 4 years of shop and job site for the rest of the year. Kinda like tool box pants.....