Constantly needing to sign in...

Llama

When viewing from my phone using the mobile site, and when using my laptop, I have to keep signing while I am using the site. If I click a link to open a topic, or add a response, I need to sign in.

I had to sign in three times to make this post. I have checked the keep my signed in button, and it hasn't helped. This issue started a couple of days ago. 

I have to sign in again when I switch from device to device.   Maybe the site is open on another computer?

I do not have any other open logins that I know of. Maybe I am being kept in from my phone, but that "should" close out when I exit the browser.

I'll close it out on my phone for real, and check it out.

Thanks!

I do not have any other open logins that I know of. Maybe I am being kept in from my phone, but that "should" close out when I exit the browser.

I'll close it out on my phone for real, and check it out.

Thanks!

That didn't do the trick. If anyone else has an idea, I'll try it :)

thanks!

Mine works OK simultaneously on multiple devices, computers, ipads and phone. I use mainly Chrome and Safari. No probs with IE 7 through 10 either.

• What OS are you using on your phone Mel? Android, IOS, Windows, etc?
  • Also what browsers are you using on your phone and laptop?
  • What operating system is the computer Windows or Apple.
  • What version of operating system XP, Windows 7 etc?
  • What anti virus do you have?
  • Are you aware of any plugins loaded in your browser(s)?
  • Are you using the browser in "incognito" mode? This is known as InPrivate browsing in Internet Explorer or Private Browsing in Safari. Essentially when in this mode the browser keeps no record of the history of where you have been and no cookies to remember passwords. - (This may be the culprit).

A lot of questions but this is the only way to nail it down.

Mine works OK simultaneously on multiple devices, computers, ipads and phone. I use mainly Chrome and Safari. No probs with IE 7 through 10 either.

• What OS are you using on your phone Mel? Android, IOS, Windows, etc?
  • Also what browsers are you using on your phone and laptop?
  • What operating system is the computer Windows or Apple.
  • What version of operating system XP, Windows 7 etc?
  • What anti virus do you have?
  • Are you aware of any plugins loaded in your browser(s)?
  • Are you using the browser in "incognito" mode? This is known as InPrivate browsing in Internet Explorer or Private Browsing in Safari. Essentially when in this mode the browser keeps no record of the history of where you have been and no cookies to remember passwords. - (This may be the culprit).

A lot of questions but this is the only way to nail it down.

My phone is an iPhone 4S. I use Safari on my phone.

Laptop is a Asus, running windows. I use Google Chrome on that. Not incognito. I am pretty sure mine is running Vista.

Anti virus is some free one. I do run a adblocker on my laptop, but hasn't had an effect on any other sites.

Go into Settings of Chrome and find the item "Offer to Save Passwords I Enter On The Web". It should have a tick in the box. Click the Managed Saved Passwords link next to it. In the box that appears you should see a list of all the passwords the browser knows about. One of them should be the woodtalkonline password. It'll have your name in one column and a bunch of asterix's (asterii?) in the password column. You can click onto the entry and then Show comes up. Click Show and you should see your password. If it's not right just click the X and it'll delete the entry. Next time you go into woodtalk it should now prompt you to save the password.

OK at least it's been narrowed down to the laptop, Chrome and using mobile site. You could try updating Chrome. I think the latest version is version 29.0.1547.57 m

Have a look in About Google Chrome. It may give you the option to upgrade. I'm not sure why Managed Saved Passwords shows index.myname - I don't see anything like that in my list  :wacko: