Woodworking Blogs

JoshC1501

Curious what blogs everyone reads? I have a decent list going and keep up to date with them using Feedly. I would like to find some more though.

My current list includes:

Wood Whisperer

Renaissance woodworker

Fine Woodworking

Popular woodworking

Woodgears

WWMM

It might be nice to get a list going for people just getting started woodworking.

Josh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hock tools  

Heartwood

McGlynn on Making this guy just finished some Greene & Greene sconces and gave a lot of detail

Holtey planes this one get's me my neander and machinist fix all in one on.

caugh caugh my blog

I just subscribed to your blog feed!!  I really like blogs.  As my interest sgrow and change, I always use blogs to help learn about different things.    Considering how much I like them, I should probably start my own.  Just not sure I can handle that kind of commitment right now!!   :D

Thanks everyone.  

Just not sure I can handle that kind of commitment right now!!   :D

Imo unless you're selling something a blog should not be a commitment, it should be something you do for fun when time allows. I've published 3 or posts in a week before, and I've also gone 6 months without one.

I just subscribed to your blog feed!!  I really like blogs.  As my interest sgrow and change, I always use blogs to help learn about different things.    Considering how much I like them, I should probably start my own.  Just not sure I can handle that kind of commitment right now!!   :D

Thanks everyone.  

OK, if you like blogs give mine a shot, most of the recent stuff is here in the project journal section.

Nice to get a recommendation from Graham.  Note to any potential readers...the Blokeblog is a record of what happens in my 'shop, for good or ill and shouldn't be taken too seriously. If it makes smile and you find it interesting, then my purpose has been achieved - Rob

• Like 1

Some good blogs in this post! If you guys have chance check out Weekend Warrior Woodworking Magazine blog and subscribe to the free magazine! You will have chance win a couple really cool prizes. Articles and projects from a few from all over including some on this forum. A very cool build challenge was also just announced with some cool giveaways as well. 

Don't have time for blog reading lately... as the editor for a community college student newspaper pulling from four campuses, and carrying 18 credit hours, (plus life), I barely have time for reading homework, let alone blogs.

Doesn't mean I don't want to, just means the stuff is piling up.  If all goes well, I'll be able to catch up starting in June.

Thanks everyone.  

I write about the everyday activity in my shop here. Anybody is welcome to have a look - I do product reviews too.

OK, if you like blogs give mine a shot, most of the recent stuff is here in the project journal section.

Done

Some good blogs in this post! If you guys have chance check out Weekend Warrior Woodworking Magazine blog and subscribe to the free magazine! You will have chance win a couple really cool prizes. Articles and projects from a few from all over including some on this forum. A very cool build challenge was also just announced with some cool giveaways as well. 

Also done

Hey Josh, I've been blogging about what I've been building in my shop at http://customfurniture.us/index.php/furniture-blog. As a custom woodworker I end up going in a lot of directions from historic preservation to marquetry to furniture. There might be something of interest to you in there somewhere. Enjoy.

Just subscribed

I write about the everyday activity in my shop here. Anybody is welcome to have a look - I do product reviews too.

And the last one.  Done!

Thanks for all the responses.  You guys are doing some amazing work!

• Like 1

Hey Josh, I've been blogging about what I've been building in my shop at http://customfurniture.us/index.php/furniture-blog. As a custom woodworker I end up going in a lot of directions from historic preservation to marquetry to furniture. There might be something of interest to you in there somewhere. Enjoy.

Wow Scott! I saw this piece in Fine Woodworking when it came out.  Thought it was beautiful.  Had no idea the guy who built it was right here on Woodtalk.

Anyway, you have some beautiful work on your site.

Thanks for sharing.

Josh

Someones just a bit good at woodworking Scott :) . Thanks for sharing a link, I liked the handrail.

I'll just announce here that I drowned my little baby blog in the bathtub before it could even talk.  Dead.  I realized I have so little time to spend in the shop it's just stupid for me to waste any of it typing away in that dark cyber-diary.  Maybe one year.  I'm tired.

I'll just announce here that I drowned my little baby blog in the bathtub before it could even talk. Dead. I realized I have so little time to spend in the shop it's just stupid for me to waste any of it typing away in that dark cyber-diary. Maybe one year. I'm tired.

That is exactly why I don't have a blog. I don't have enough shop time as it is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free